In which I finish something that I totally made up

First things first, I finished this black sweater that I totally made up as I went along.016

I used the stitch count from a random Drops pattern to decide how much to cast on, but that was pretty much it. I just knew what I wanted, a long, loose-fitting, long-sleeved sweater to wear with my awesome galaxy leggings. So I kinda made it up, worked in the round up to where I thought the armscye should be and did stuff that made sense to me. I picked up and knit down for the sleeves (first one took four attempts, but the second one only took two attempts and they match!). It’s 100% acrylic (because I’m all class) so I steam blocked it.  Steam-blocking has softened it up really nicely and I will be able to chuck it in the washing machine. The other bonus is that I will never need to block it again.
001

Oh yeah, baby. Check out my Forest Petals Shawl. I started this quite a while ago and made few mistakes (that were rectified more easily than I thought possible). So ten months later, finished shawl! There may be photos in situ later, but no promises.be246220-d772-4395-9d20-a6d6c79f549awallpaper

 

I bought some Noir sock yarn for Xmas knitting from a lovely Raveller. She gave them to me at an absolute bargain and I was totally thrilled. I’ve already divided one ball in two ready to cast on some toe-up, two-at-a-time vanilla socks. Wish me luck, because I’ve never done this before and I’ve always hated socks (but I think that is because it was the first time and I was knitting overly complex knee-high socks).

Advertisements

I’m easily distrac…. Bunny!

I kinda got derailed with last weeks Git ‘er Done project. It distracted me from from my current WIP, Delphine.

I chose the languishing Forest Petals Shawl and enjoyed it so much that I barely put any effort into Delphine!!

061

The little tunisian squares are so fun! Doop-de-doober-doop. (that’s my merry little tunisian-ing tune).

064

Coming along nicely, right? I added about four tiers this week, it’s been a busy one for us. Then I noticed, waaaay back at the beginning, on about the fourth tier….062

GACK!! A mistake! I’m currently debating how much I care. There is no chance of frogging that far back… sacrilege! I think I have devised a way to “fix” it, but it’s risky and will involve a lot of end-weavery. Or I could leave it. It really doesn’t stand out too much – but the problem is that I know it’s there.

now we return to our regularly scheduled programming

Look, whilst I enjoyed having visitors and going off to visit my family, I gotta say, I’m pretty durn glad it’s over! No offense guise, but I need to get down to business – the business of knitting a wholeheckofalot! Since I’m such a busy and important person, I haven’t updated in a while – let’s recap what projects are currently languisihing shall we?

Our last update was Work In Progress Weds: 2 and there are a few things on that list that have moved no further forward:

  • The Beetle Cardigan has not been touched
  • The Fuzz Bunny Hooded Jacket is in the midst of an existential crisis i.e. I feel it shouldn’t exist. However, I can’t frog it cos the Shutterbug has developed an attachment.
  • The Never-ending dresing gown has had absolutely no work put into it. It will become a thing of legend, ballads and myths will spring up around it. Of course, I could be tending towards dramatic. That’s been known to happen.
  • Another project that has not seen the light of day in a rather long time is the Butterfly Dress. I still love you, precious, I’ll get to you soon.

I dragged out Beth’s Little Star Afghan last night and put in a few stitches. Actually, I managed to get a whole round done which is no mean feat at this size. I haven’t made enough progress to warrant a new photo, so if you are a visually inclined person you’ll just have to suck it.

The Forest Petals Shawl had annoyed me and got put in the naughty corner, even though it was clearly my fault for being ditzy and not joining rows properly (FIVE TIMES). I am no longer angry at it so maybe I’ll put some time in on it soon.

I mentioned that I was doing the Heirloom Rose Medallion Shawl MKAL. While the pattern has not ceased being really lovely there are three reasons why this is going to be a small wrap rather than a full shawl:

  1. the shine has rather worn off the pattern for me, it just doesn’t seem as pretty now as it did in the beginning.
  2. the medallions are getting a little repetitive
  3. I was way too optimistic vis a vis the yardage and I cannot find more of the same yarn

It remains to be seen whether I will start another one in different yarn to remain part of the KAL or if I’ll just finish off what I’ve got going on and call it good.

There is the Joule pullover, which has peeved me so much that I am NOT taking a photo. It does not deserve that kind of attention since it will only serve to reinforce it’s horrific behaviour. I’ve reknit it from the back neck shaping once already because it was too puckery and the SLEEVES DIDN’T FIT INTO THE ARMHOLES!! Now the sleeves still don’t fit, the back is still too puckery and I HATE IT WITH PASSIONATE FURY! So at the moment it is having time out while I decide whether it gets to live or is executed for it’s crimes against my sanity.

Also, my Ariel/Joy 18 or whatever is sitting sadly on it’s own. After trolling facebook for opinions, it has been decided that it needs a black or dark purple/blue border to finish it off nicely and I just don’t have that kind of yarn in a sock weight hanging around at the moment, *le sigh*.

I’m also working on the Delphine camisole, but since that is the one occupying the majority of my attention it gets a post of it’s own later on.

Please feel free to leave your own list of hibernating projects or a link to a post on your blog about projects-that-just-don’t-get-done!