I used the stitch count from a random Drops pattern to decide how much to cast on, but that was pretty much it. I just knew what I wanted, a long, loose-fitting, long-sleeved sweater to wear with my awesome galaxy leggings. So I kinda made it up, worked in the round up to where I thought the armscye should be and did stuff that made sense to me. I picked up and knit down for the sleeves (first one took four attempts, but the second one only took two attempts and they match!). It’s 100% acrylic (because I’m all class) so I steam blocked it. Steam-blocking has softened it up really nicely and I will be able to chuck it in the washing machine. The other bonus is that I will never need to block it again.
Oh yeah, baby. Check out my Forest Petals Shawl. I started this quite a while ago and made few mistakes (that were rectified more easily than I thought possible). So ten months later, finished shawl! There may be photos in situ later, but no promises.
I bought some Noir sock yarn for Xmas knitting from a lovely Raveller. She gave them to me at an absolute bargain and I was totally thrilled. I’ve already divided one ball in two ready to cast on some toe-up, two-at-a-time vanilla socks. Wish me luck, because I’ve never done this before and I’ve always hated socks (but I think that is because it was the first time and I was knitting overly complex knee-high socks).