Organisationish

I’ll just include this picture of what my studio looked when I came home from holidays and “unpacked”:

Euw.

Euw.

Disturbing, right? So I decided that I needed to do something about this dreadful state of affairs. Not to mention, I really, really wanted to get my stash sorted and recorded so that I know what I have and where to find it.

Logically when one needs to clean, one first makes a lightbox. Obvious first step.

wpid-20140208_152717.jpgwpid-20140208_153321.jpgwpid-20140208_154116.jpgwpid-20140208_155123.jpg

Once that was done, I created a yarn processing station.

wpid-20140208_165256-1.jpg

My old baby laptop is rarely used anymore because it’s freaking slow, so I figure it will make an excellent quick reference center to find patterns and yarns on Ravelry and look stuff up.

I decided that I would organise my yarn by texture. So, I started with woolly – getting progressively fuzzier, then went into cottons, bamboos and linens, then onto novelty yarns and finally acrylic because most of my acrylic lives in a big 90ltr tub. So four “batches” that needed to be catalogued and recorded.

I processed each batch separately, beginning with photographing each different type of yarn in the batch and uploading to Flickr. Once that was done, I packaged the yarn in ziploc bags, updated my Rav stash page with the photograph and the storage location, then updated my yarn book. However, by the time I got halfway through the cottons and linens, I gave up on the book. I can always update the book later whilst sitting on my butt in the living room. And I’m also starting to feel like the book needs an overhaul. It’s such a mess!

So *please* go have a look at my stash on Ravelry, I worked really hard on it, and BEHOLD!! My newly reorganised studio!wpid-20140226_130604.jpg

wpid-20140224_102037.jpg wpid-20140224_102015.jpg

Advertisements